We’re always looking for highly qualified marketing professionals who live for and breathe technology—and understand how to make everything from social media outreach to traditional collateral sing. Interested? Click the appropriate link for complete job descriptions and contact information.
The ability to listen to clients, write engaging copy, and work with other members of the creative team to produce effective, high-quality marketing collateral defines the role of a Managing Writer.
- Write compelling copy and benefits-oriented content for a wide range of marketing deliverables—including feature stories, customer success stories, white papers, brochures, newsletters, Web content, magazine articles, and product-oriented materials—for a high-level business audience
- Collaborate with clients to help define marketing programs and support materials to meet their goals
- Manage, mentor, and provide team leadership for senior writers, editors, and graphic designers at TDA and for freelance writers who help with your projects
- Interact with the client services team to create an account plan and strategy for your TDA clients
- Work with project managers to help ensure that schedules and processes meet client expectations
- Manage client projects from concept to completion, including accountability for budgets and production
- Potentially serve as managing writer or managing editor of a custom publication
Desired background and experience:
- 6–8 years experience writing business-to-business marketing materials for print and the Web
- BS/BA in journalism, communications, or marketing and comfortable with technology
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent project management skills and attention to quality and details
- Ability to adapt writing style to target the audience
- Ability to quickly grasp new IT trends, concepts, and a range of topics and translate that knowledge into informative content for business and technical audiences
- Ability to work well under deadlines and flexibility to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to work well with others on the team and with management
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects effectively and deliver on time
- Experience interviewing senior IT executives in the high-tech community
- Experience interviewing customers and creating compelling customer case studies
- Extensive research abilities
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment.
Client Project Manager
- The Conduit to the Marketplace – works with TDA managing writers, editors, and designers to conceive, pitch, and deliver TDA marketing services and deliverables to clients
- The Client Advocate – always responsible for and attentive to overall client satisfaction with TDA
- The Project Manager – provides critical project management of marketing programs that are complex and ongoing, and acts as a reliable and vital resource for clients running these ambitious high-tech marketing programs
- TDA Revenue Builder – as part of the account team, responsible for delivering sustainable high-impact marketing programs that keep clients using TDA services, and increasing monthly billings over time
- Works with TDA clients on a day-to-day basis to coordinate and support all TDA activities for a client (writing, editing, proofing, illustration, layout, etc.). Understands needs, manages processes, escalates problems, and communicates responses.
- Provides essential customer-facing marketing support for customer reference programs and case study lead generation, qualification, and interview scheduling.
- Helps conceptualize, develop, and pitch new programs to existing clients.
- Serves as a “trusted advisor” to the client when it comes to managing ongoing marketing programs. Recommends how they should structure programs for maximum business impact.
- Prepares estimates for clients as needed for their planning process.
- Prepares client project reports as input to the billing process.
- Becomes the expert in client processes and tracking systems. Enables TDA to support the workflow of our clients using their systems and applications.
- Responsible for ongoing client satisfaction measured by: keeping projects on time and on budget, client interviews, increasing ongoing strategic programs vs. sporadic projects, follow-on projects and expansions, identifying additional engagements within the client organization, and overall increased client billings.
- Professional appearance, conduct, and impeccable client-relationship skills.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in one or more of the following: marketing communications management, project management, product marketing, online marketing, and customer service. (This experience could have been gained at an agency or from within a fast-moving company.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, e-mail, and Web-based tracking systems
Additional success factors:
Exposure or experience in high-tech marketing, direct marketing, telemarketing, customer service, or other experience related to selling technology-based products and services enterprises. Highly organized, self-directed, exceptional attention to details, and reliable team player.
Senior Graphic Designer
TDA Group is a rapidly growing design and publishing firm. We specialize in creating magazines, newsletters, collateral, direct mail, advertisements, and Web sites for high-tech companies. Sound like a lot? It is. The diversity of our projects is half the fun. The other half is having the perfect blend of autonomy, creativity, and teamwork.
While working closely with our staff of experienced writers, the TDA design group adds powerful visual impact and fast-paced efficiency to a variety of high-profile projects.
- TDA Group is looking for a creative, innovative designer with high energy, broad experience, and a real flair for design and typography.
- You must have excellent visual and conceptual problem-solving skills, including the ability to produce a variety of creative solutions for a given problem, both independently and as part of a team.
- You must also be able to collaborate and take direction from senior staff to produce high-quality work that meets client goals and creative objectives.
- Your proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is unmatched.
- You’re more than knowledgeable in HTML and Flash, and you’ve got several Web sites online to prove it.
- You have an affinity for project management. You live to meet deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. And you’re a stickler for details.
Our compensation plan includes salary, an objectives-based bonus, and a company-funded tax-deferred plan that is one of the best in the valley. If you are a self-starter with a proven track record, contact us today.
Please mail or fax (650 919 1210) your resume and samples to David Chan, Creative Director.
We are looking for a great Web designer with high energy and broad skills, who works well with others, and has the potential and enthusiasm to learn and grow. Since we are a small business, you will gain a lot of responsibility quickly. You will have complete production responsibility from start to finish for your projects and work closely with our clients to make sure we meet their needs.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and Flash
- Server side application experience
- Knowledge of multiplatform issues with browsers
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is desirable. Please provide links to your online work as part of the application for this position.